Pillars of Support: Protection of wetlands / wildlife in the Yolo Basin
- Local Residents
- Local Businesses
- Local Education System
- Local Media
- Local Bureaucracy
Layers of a Pillar: Local Residents
- Farmer & Wine
Loyalty-Pie: Well-Off Families
- 30% – Family
- 05% – Security
- 05% – Environment
- 05% – Job
- 20% – Health
- 20% – Education
- 05% – Friends
- 10% – Happiness
Persona: Well-Off Family Member
- Name: Harmony
- Married for quite some time.
- Mother of two daughters, both recent college graduates who visit frequently
- Like doing community service
- Take classes offered by the University to the community
- Educated, attended a big university, majored in Geology
- Retired, but used to work in environment-related jobs.
- Like going camping with family and friends
- Likes her smartphone for easy SMS with daughters
- Lives in a college-town
- Likes to go for walks
- Enjoys the farmer market
- Financially stabled and considers her family well.
User Stories: Based on persona
- I care about the area & neighborhood
- I want my family to be healthy
- I want my children to learn about their surroundings
- I want my children to have a well-rounded education
- I am hesitant to learn new technology.
- I like playing with gadgets
- I want a safe & clean place to live
- I do not worry about my income
- I do not let my job dictate my life
- I am financially secured
- I strive for a healthy & active lifestyle
- Education is important for me.
- I like being involved with the community.
- I take classes offered by the university to the community.
- I like to know what’s happening in the community.
- I like to fund causes that will better the environment.
- I consider myself a well-educated person.
- I like to show my friends my latest gadget.
- I like to do activities with my friends.
- I like partaking in the outdoors.
- I like receiving SMS instead of checking email.