Assignment: Adding interaction to a non-interactive interface.
We evaluated that the Pitchfork website has the potential for an interactive interface, but currently is very non-interactive. A few things on our re-design:
- Make the search bar more prominent, to welcome the user to ask questions
- Make the navigation bar as minimalistic as possible
- Convert the top ad into an interactive music player, where they can search and listen to artists the website endorses / likes.
- Take the overload of information spewed on the home page and organize it into three column category spread
- Removing the “interaction” of reviews. Seems pointless.
- Adding interaction with the “events” category, where people would want to search for information that is date and location sensitive
- Move the social media icons as not to have the main attention